MAY 23 & 24, 2015
- The 2015 Ralph Downey Memorial Day Classic's home-state base is growing check out some of the Virginia Teams that have already applied!
- The Ralph Downey Memorial Day Classic will make travel easier for all teams by switching to Electronic Registration this year!
- Canada, Maryland, East PA, Ohio, Maine, New York, North Carolina and New Jersey to be represented at this year's Ralph Downey!
Tournament Dates: March 23 & 24, 2015
Application Deadline: April 30, 2015
Registration Deadline: May 9, 2015
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia | Hampton Roads Soccer Complex
Ages: U9-U19 Boys and Girls | All Level Competion with a bottom and top flight for all age groups.
Level of Competition: The Ralph has always promoted all levels of competition. This year (2015) the Ralph will introduce a new Elite bracket of competition, with the inclusion of our top Rush teams and many other top teams committed the competition will look to go to the next level.
Contact: Stephen Holmes - Tournament Director | firstname.lastname@example.org | 757-430-3500
The Virginia Rush Soccer Club, Adidas and Chevrolet once again remain committed in 2015 to providing the best season ending tournament possible by providing teams 3 guaraneteed matches of excellent competition minutes from the Virginia Beach Oceanfront on Memorial Day Weekend! The 2015 Ralph Downey is a growing competition that is bringing together top comeptition from many top leagues all over the East Coast and internationally.
NOTE: Payments must be received by May 8, 2015.
Once your team is accepted into the Rush Champions Cup you will need to complete the team registration process. The registration process is to be completed electronically be emailing or faxing the following information to our office NLT May 9th.
Teams are required to submit the following documents to register for verification of eligilibilty:
1. Original and two (2) copies of the team's Duly Authorized Official State Roster with Jersey numbers.
2. Duly Authorized US Youth Soccer Member Passes or other National Affiliate Member Passes for each player.
3. Medical Release Form for each player signed by the parent or guardian. Medical Releases are not required to be notarized. If you team does not have a medical release form already completed for all players please Click Here for the Medical Release form.
4. Duly Authorized Permission to Travel issued by the team's US Youth Soccer State Association or other National Affiliate.
5. Guest Player authorization as required by the team's US Youth Soccer State Association or other National Affiliate.
US Youth Soccer Region 1 teams are not required to present Permission to Travel within Region 1. New Jersey and Conneticut state association teams are required by their home state to obtain Permission to Travel. US Youth Soccer Region 2, 3, and 4 teams are required to present and Approved Permission to Travel from their state association to attend the Ralph Downey Memorial Day Classic.
Email: Rushchampionscup@gmail.com Fax: 757-430-8895
Partnering with Captain U, The Rush Champions Cup will try and provide the best recruiting experience possible. Captain U will provide online profiles and player books for college coaches. CaptainU will provide player profiles and free access to their online software to help all attending athletes maximize their exposure at the upcoming event to college coaches.
For Help with Captain U and their services contact help@captainU.com.
College Coaches please click the link below to register for the Ralph Downey Memorial Day Classic.
The Virginia Rush is pleased to announce that the Founder's Inn and Spa will now act as host hotel for the 2014/2015 tournament series. The Founder's Inn and Spa is one of the nicest resorts in Virginia Beach and will be offering incredibly low rates for tournament participants. Located only seven miles from the Hampton Roads Soccer Complex, the Founder's Inn and Spa is a fantastic accommodation for all out of town teams.
Ralph Downey Memorial Classic Rate: $140 - 3 night minimum.
Please Call the Founders Inn at (757) 424-5511 to book your rooms today!
Also, the Rush Champions Cup will partner with to provide discounted rooms across the Hampton Roads area, including the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. Click Here to see the offered discounted rooms for teams specifically traveling to compete in the Ralph Downey Memorial Day Classic!
Take the opportunity to make your Memorial Day soccer tournament trip one to remember. While enjoying your stay in the Virginia Beach area we encourage teams to visit or stay in the Virginia Beach area. The Oceanfront will be the spot of endless Memorial Day concerts and events to entertain teams and families during their stay. Not to mention all the delicious food options the Virginia Beach area has to offer. The tournament committee will work our hardest to ensure flexible and accomodating game times to help your team enjoy their stay!